Dwight Drake is an experienced professional adviser, business owner, scholar and professor. For over two decades, he built and managed a successful legal practice that exclusively serviced the planning needs of business owners, executives and professionals. During this period, Professor Drake served in numerous advisory capacities and became a popular speaker at planning conferences throughout the country. Later in his career, he became the majority owner and CEO of a successful, fast-growing private business that he built and ultimately sold to a public company. He joined the faculty of the University of Washington School of Law in 2004.
- Teaches Antitrust, Business Organizations, Corporate Taxation, Estate and Gift Taxation, and Business Planning
- Teaches two Executive Legal Training Courses in the Executive MBA Program at the University of Washington
- Author of Business Planning: Closely Held Enterprises, 4th Edition (West 2013, 779 pages), which is accompanied by a 264-page Teacher’s Manual
- Author of Business Organizations in a Planning Context (West 2013, 964 pages), which is accompanied by a 274-page Teacher’s Manual
- Author and developer of PlainTalk Planning, an online planning educational service on basic business, personal, and family planning topics
- Author of over 75 professional certification programs for planning professionals and various articles
Click here to review Professor Drake’s resume.